Tuesday, May 5, 2026

Book Review: City of Girls - Elizabeth Gilbert

  

Don’t ask AI to choose a book for you to read even after giving it all the information it wanted. This was “a five star prediction … a perfect fit” and well, AI is going to need a bit more something before it rules us all. But, seriously, I think Elizabeth Gilbert & I just view the world differently. The first part of this book was fine - until it dawned on me that I really and honestly disliked the main character (nothing was ever her fault) & while eventually she matured - I didn’t care. Also why such a long, winded, and insane letter to write to a person - 400 pages of background that didn’t answer the question until the end - and even then it was a letdown. Not a good selection, AI. 2 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Book Review: I, Spy by L.M. Kemp

  "I, Spy” is by L.M. Kemp. I found the premise of this book to be extremely interesting and the characters rather enjoyable. I also l...