Tuesday, May 12, 2026

Book Review: The Anniversary - Alex Finlay

 

“The Anniversary” is by Alex Finlay. Let me start with the positives - I flew through this book in one night - so, once again, the writing and storyline was engaging. I cannot say that I really cared about the main characters, but I did want to know what happened to them. Also, what a creepy storyline! The negative is that this book had one of the tropes I’m realizing that I really really dislike. Also this book reminded me of another book I’d read (this is regarding who did it) … which I found disappointing as, to me, it felt like a copy (granted, slightly different twist, but …). So, for the longest time, this was going to be a solid four star read … but then the last twist knocked it down to a three. However, all that being said, when there’s a new book by this author, oh, sign me up to read it or borrow it from the library … though I won’t start it after 9 PM next time. :-) Three stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Book Review: I, Spy by L.M. Kemp

  "I, Spy” is by L.M. Kemp. I found the premise of this book to be extremely interesting and the characters rather enjoyable. I also l...