Tuesday, May 12, 2026

Book Review: I, Spy by L.M. Kemp


https://covers.bksh.co/cover716261-medium.png 

"I, Spy” is by L.M. Kemp. I found the premise of this book to be extremely interesting and the characters rather enjoyable. I also liked the intersection of the former world (being a spy) meeting up with the current world (being a Mum) and trying to both balance the two worlds, yet also deal with motherhood’s requirements and looking out for a child - yet also trying to do both a good job at her former job (which she’s sucked back into). I found the daughter Rosie, to be a really good usage of a child (just the right enough balance of cute and annoying - because, let’s be honest, all kids at that age can be both). The twists and turns were predictable, which was a bit disappointing for me, but it was an okay ride. The pacing was fast at the beginning - but then it slowed down for a bit of time, making me crave some bits of faster action. Overall, an interesting idea with interesting characters. Three stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Book Review: I, Spy by L.M. Kemp

  "I, Spy” is by L.M. Kemp. I found the premise of this book to be extremely interesting and the characters rather enjoyable. I also l...