Friday, May 1, 2026

Book Review: Wed or Alive - Portia MacIntosh

 book cover for Wed or Alive 

"Wed or Alive" is a rom-com by Portia MacIntosh. If you've read Ms. MacIntosh's previous books, you have a good idea how this book is going to not only unfold, but you know that Ms. MacIntosh will have some good zingers and fun characters. This book follows Whitney as she tries to get a book published (her great friend JJ is her agent) and also deal with her best friend, Andy, getting married - very quickly. For a while I thought that this book was going to go in one direction (which didn't make a lot of sense thanks to the cover) but then - presto - it switched directions (huzzah!). JJ was a crack-up (think Samantha Jones from $ex in the City) and while I don't really see either of the two couples lasting forever, the epilogue proved me wrong. A fun, fast read with enjoyable characters. Four stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Book Review: I, Spy by L.M. Kemp

  "I, Spy” is by L.M. Kemp. I found the premise of this book to be extremely interesting and the characters rather enjoyable. I also l...